The creative engine of the project ‘Design Wings’ is talented people, who have graduated during the last five years, have ideas and knowledge, also are willing to put their skill into practice. They will create design solutions based on digital, innovative, and circular economy principles that can shape the future of business.
The main tasks for designers will be:
- To create and develop design solutions focused on the implementation of the principles of digital and circular economy at the companies participating in the project;
- Communicate and collaborate with the mentor and the company involved in the project to achieve a common creative result;
- Participate in project trainings and other activities;
- Share feedback on achievements with the project team once a month and contribute on the final report preparation;
- To achieve successful results, cooperate with the project ‘Design Wings’ team and other organizations.
‘Design Wings’ is a practical opportunity for talented people to gain experience and contribute to the future of business by developing competitive design products and services based on digital, innovative, and circular economy principles.
The project will involve a total of 15 start-up designers, each working in two periods of creative activity, each of which will continue for five months at one of the participating companies.
THE OPPORTUNITY TO GROW SUCCESS
The designers participating in the project ‘Design Wings’, will not only reveal their competencies in micro, small and medium-sized enterprises, but will also contribute to the successful development of the country's cultural and creative industries sector, business competitiveness and growth.
While creating design solutions, designers will work and pursue a common creative result together with competent project mentors with extensive professional experience in their field.
KNOWLEDGE AND IMPROVEMENT
The training provided during the project will help all participants to take on the challenges ahead and quickly penetrate new knowledge about digitization, innovation, and the circular economy in the design sector.
RECOGNITION AND COMPENSATION
We will select 15 project participants (and another 5 – for the reserve list) who will receive scholarships with job places for 10 months. They are expected to become competitive players in the labour market by the end of the project. The estimated amount of the scholarship is 2000 Eur/monthly (all necessary costs for tools, programs, licenses, etc. are included in the scholarship indicated).
If you meet the following criteria:
- You are ready to learn new things quickly, gain experience, have a lot of motivation to create design solutions that increase business competitiveness and social responsibility;
- You have a university or higher college degree in design with a bachelor's or master's degree or equivalent, obtained no earlier than 2018;
- You are not currently employed;
- You are still studying in higher education but are applying for an activity that is not part of the education;
- You have a certificate of education, a curriculum vitae and a description of your creative activity.
Please note: applications can be filled in electronic form only until June 9, 2022 (11.59 p. m.).
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Multidisciplinary experimental graphic design.
Bachelor of Arts in Design Studies ‘22 - EHU, Vilnius.
Since 2016 has been developing various skills in visual arts, focusing on experimental approaches in 2D, 3D, animation, and photography.
Specializes in design research and technical, historical, and political projects. He has worked in different political and cultural contexts, teams and educational institutions in Lithuania, Belarus and Cyprus. Worked as a research consultant at the "Splitting the atom" exhibition at CAC in 2020. In 2019 participated in Belarusian Fashion Week as a print designer of the "Save our planet" slow-fashion capsule collection.
Currently prioritising the study of mixed media, concept art, motion design and storytelling.
UAB Lidaris and mentor Pijus Cicėnas